Follow the 3Ws and do your Daily Health Check before leaving your residence hall or coming to campus.
For details about Student Affairs operations, see the Student Affairs Covid-19 Response. Updated November 9, 2020 at 1:00 p.m.
Office of the Dean of Students Hours of Operation for Fall 2020
The Office of the Dean of Students is practicing social distancing measures for the Fall 2020 semester. Our office will be staffed from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Monday - Friday while classes are in session. If the office is closed during these times, please contact us by calling 828-262-8284 or emailing email@example.com.
Your login directions and additional details are included below.
The AlcoholEdu course will take approximately 1 ½-2 hours to complete and the Haven course will take approximately 1 hour to complete. These courses are required because we value your safety and the safety of all of our students which is why this must be completed for all new students prior to the start of classes.
Important Information about the course:
- You will need Internet access and audio capabilities.
- To avoid technical issues, please use any major web browser (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome) released within the previous two years.
- You may take the course in multiple sittings.
- The course may include surveys to help personalize your experience and measure students’ attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are confidential; the school will only receive information about the student body as a whole and will never see individual students’ answers.
- Should you experience problems, technical support is available 24/7 and can be accessed from the “Help” link within the course.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY:
You are expected to complete the online Haven course and will need one EverFi Higher Education Account to access the course from your dashboard.
If you DON’T HAVE an EverFi Higher Ed. Account:
- Go to: http://www.everfi.com/register
Enter the Appalachian State University Registration Code: 64ee13ef
If you DO HAVE an EverFi Higher Ed. Account and need to add Haven to your dashboard:
- Go to http://www.everfi.com/login
- Once signed in, click Add a Course (at the bottom of your dashboard)
- Enter the Registration Code: 64ee13ef
- Enter your Appalachian State University Banner ID Number to receive credit for completion.
- Look-up your Student ID by logging into AppalNet (http://portal4.appstate.edu/cp/home/loginf), by going to “Self-Serve” and clicking on “Banner ID.”
AlcoholEdu & Haven Course Timeline
Course Opens – Part 1 (Pre-Survey, Modules and Exam)
August 8, 2016
Part 1 Deadline
August 26, 2016
Part 2 Deadline (Post Survey)
November 18, 2016
AlcoholEdu for College - Whether you drink or not, this course will empower you to make well-informed decisions about alcohol and help you to reflect on and consider college drinking related issues.
Haven Understanding Sexual Assault – Learn about healthy relationships, the importance of consent and being a good communicator, and the many ways you can help create the safe, positive campus you want to be a part of.